Victory Electric has more than 70 employees working in the Dodge City area. The office has a culture based upon integrity, honesty, loyalty, accountability, with benevolence to each other and our members. Our goals are to cultivate and educate our fellow employees and board of trustees to better serve ourselves and our members with intellectual wisdom.
Careers in the electric cooperative industry are not limited to being a lineman. In addition to linemen, we have a wide array of opportunities within the co-op, including accounting, communications, engineering, IT, member services and much more.
For more information on open positions within the cooperative, please contact Amy Grasser or Haley Evans or download our application for employment. Upon completion of application, you may submit it in person, by fax (620-371-7780), by mail, or by email at email@example.com.
Apprentice Tree Trimmer
Victory Electric is seeking a full-time apprentice tree trimmer. Primary function of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Operates transportation and work equipment in accordance with operating procedures, such as bucket truck.
- Sees that all safety rules and regulations are followed on the job.
- Reports all accidents to the manager of operations.
- Helps to see that all daily time sheets are properly filled out.
- Attends and participates in safety meetings.
- Clears lines of trees and brush.
- Clears brush by distribution hand on hills and in hard to reach areas.
- Utilize bucket truck to remove very large trees close to consumer’s homes and meters.
- To remove and chip brush and trees along right-of-way with brush chipper truck.
- Wear all safety equipment, helmet, chaps, heavy gloves, shield for face, and ear plugs.
- Informs foreman of any repairs necessary to vehicles and work equipment such as power saws, ropes and belts.
- Promotes good member relations.
- Helps determine the procedure to be used to remove trees that have caused an outage.
- Participates in tailgate sessions by offering ideas before beginning the job.
- Helps insure that proper equipment is used on the job.
- Must maintain a valid CDL driver’s license and health card.
- Serves as the foreman in his absence.
- Must exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge of cooperative practices, policies, and organization.
- Willing to work overtime or long hours during emergency conditions and/or when requested. Schedules can frequently change and with short notice.
- Capable of following company safety rules and policies
- Must be a team player, and manage work time.
- Complete company designated training
- Must be able to utilize an ipad
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- Must prioritize work projects, and be able to work on your own.
Pre-employment drug screening and physical is required. Victory Electric is an equal opportunity action employer. Position opened until filled. Individuals should mail/fax/email their cover letter & résumé to: Victory Electric Cooperative • Attn: HR Department • PO Box 1335 • Dodge City, KS 67801 • Fax: 620.227.8948 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org