Victory Electric has more than 70 employees working in the Dodge City area. The office has a culture based upon integrity, honesty, loyalty, accountability, with benevolence to each other and our consumers. Our goals are to cultivate and educate our fellow employees and board of directors to better serve ourselves and our consumers with intellectual wisdom.
Careers in the electric cooperative industry are not limited to being a lineman. In addition to linemen, we have a wide array of opportunities within the co-op, including accounting, communications, engineering, IT, customer service and much more.
For more information on open positions within the cooperative, please contact Amy Grasser at 620-227-2139. Or download our application for employment. Upon completion of application, you may submit it in person, by fax (620-227-8948), by mail, or by email at email@example.com.
Job Opening for Information Technology Analyst
The Victory Electric Cooperative Assn., is seeking a full time Information Technology Analyst. We ask that applicants have the following qualifications; Bachelor’s degree in MIS preferred but not required, 3+ years of working in an IT Department or working for an IT services company. The IT Analyst will assist the IT department with business process improvement projects, software support and implementation projects. The IT Analyst will help identify ways to improve the efficiency of both existing and new processes by; analyzing and optimizing processes, gathering functional requirements, building business cases to implement new technology as necessary, designing, defining, and documenting processes. The IT Analyst may also act as a project manager for implementing projects through concept to completion. Project management responsibilities may include planning, directing, and coordinating internal and out-sourced implementation and/or development projects to ensure that goals are accomplished on time and within budget. Functions will include software administration, support and application SME (Subject Matter Expert). As necessary, this position may assist with other IT duties including desktop, tablet and smartphone support. Additionally, they may assist the network administrator with network, telecommunications and cellular support issues.
- Business process analysis and redesign
- New business process design
- Documentation of processes, procedures, and technical diagraming
- Development of training materials
- Defining process improvement goals
- Work with different entities within the organization to determine project requirements, schedules, procedures, and staffing requirements
- Develops project plans including; definition, statement of work, deliverables, timelines, etc.
- Develop and update project plans
- Identifies project issues, changes, and risks
- Prepares periodic project reports and keeps management informed of progress and risk areas
- Professionally responds to documented change requests by providing analysis of how the changes may affect the budget, scope, or schedule
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document software issues for employees and directors regarding Windows Operating Systems, Office Products, Office 365, NISC software, iVUE, and AppSuite
- Maintain desktop security software, updates and security patches for all relevant machines
- Assists the Manager of IT with intranet maintenance, development and support
- Help develop technical assistance materials, including training materials, cheat sheets, manuals, procedures, exercises and visual displays
- Accept phone calls, emails and in-person requests from employees requesting assistance with a computer problem in a prompt, professional manner
- Install, upgrade and maintain computer hardware, software and peripherals
- Help prepare and setup A/V equipment prior to training sessions, community meetings and web meetings
- Assist with research of technology topics and make recommendations for solutions
- Complies with established safety and operating rules, procedures, and guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills (oral and written)
- Business process analysis and redesign experience
- Strong business analysis skills (process mapping, business process redesign and implementation)
- Systems implementation skills (requirements process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, support)
- Team leadership
- Business case development
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Visio
- Ability to read and interpret business rules and technical standards
- Confidence to prepare and present oral presentations to management and staff
- Excellent grammar and composition skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks according to input from multiple sources
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate well with employees at every level of the organization, including board of trustees
Pre-employment drug screening and physical is required. Victory Electric is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer. Visit www.victoryelectric.net/content/careers. Position opened until filled. Individuals should mail/fax/email their cover letter & résumé to: Victory Electric Cooperative • Attn: Amy Grasser PO Box 1335 • Dodge City, KS 67801 • Fax: 620.227.8948 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security