Victory Electric has more than 70 employees working in the Dodge City area. The office has a culture based upon integrity, honesty, loyalty, accountability, with benevolence to each other and our members. Our goals are to cultivate and educate our fellow employees and board of trustees to better serve ourselves and our members with intellectual wisdom.
Careers in the electric cooperative industry are not limited to being a lineman. In addition to linemen, we have a wide array of opportunities within the co-op, including accounting, communications, engineering, IT, member services and much more.
A journeyman meterman is responsible for conducting installation of current and/or potential transformer meter installations, testing of meters and all related infrastructure, troubleshooting and maintaining the AMI network and all associated equipment, and communicating with members about any metering issues/complaints. Must use a positive approach to issues and other duties as assigned.
- Must follow all company standards and safety practices
- Works with revenue metering, including but not limited to:
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain all self-contained single and three-phase metering
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain all transformer rated single & three-phase metering
- Perform accuracy testing and load checks
- Utilize meter software to perform firmware updates & programming
- Must be able to complete all metering responsibilities efficiently and with minimal mistakes
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of AMI system
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of company load management system
- Assist in investigating meter diversion and tampering
- Works with various other cooperative departments for member complaints, system implementation, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned, consistent with qualifications
- The cooperative reserves the right to change or reclassify any given position description based on the business needs
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor of metering and/or vice president of engineering
- Must exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge of cooperative practices, policies and organization
- Valid Kansas commercial driver’s license
- GED or high school diploma
- Complete company designated training
- Must be able to utilize a computer
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word, and meter programming software
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Victory Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Position opened until filled. Individuals should mail/fax/email their cover letter, résumé and application to: Victory Electric Cooperative * Attn: Amy Grasser PO Box 1335 * Dodge City, KS 67801 * Fax: 620.371.7780 * firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on open positions within the cooperative, please contact Amy Grasser or download our application for employment. Upon completion of application, you may submit it in person, by fax (620-371-7780), by mail, or by email at email@example.com.